Global & Custom packages
In the current context of vehicle powertrain diversification, our testing resources and expertise are made available to your R&D teams and offices to carry out comparative performance studies. These benchmark studies combine experimental data and strategy analysis to identify the main technical drivers behind carmaker choices on architecture, technology or strategy.
The study is therefor compound of two phases.
The first part will address the following critical measurements and their implementation – without any interference with car management system :
- Mechanical Power: Driveshaft, Engine and Electric Motor (specific torque sensor)
- Electric Power (DC & AC): Battery and HF Inverter Output
- Cockpit and Powertrain thermal management system (pressure, flow, temperatures, power)
Secondly, the test program combines both road and bench sessions:
- Coast down
- Cycle (-10C 20C 45C): NEDC, WLTC, RDE and replays on bench
- Specific tests for characterisation or energy management strategy investigation : Mappings, Braking Recovery, Acceleration (0-100,80-120), Battery charging at different temperature, etc
Upon your request, we can integrate other vehicles into the project: passenger cars, tractor, buses, heavy duty trucks.
Four models of electric and hybrid cars are part of a test campaign started in late 2019: the Hyundai Kona EV, the Hyundai Ioniq HEV, the Toyota Corolla HEV and the Honda CR-V HEV.
The energy performances of the Honda e and the Volkswagen ID3 will be tested in 2020, as well as the Volvo XC 40 and the Yaris hybrid, upon other models.