Global & Custom packages
In the current context of vehicle powertrain diversification, our testing resources and expertise are made available to your R&D teams and offices to carry out comparative performance studies. These benchmark studies combine experimental data and strategy analysis to identify the main technical drivers behind carmaker choices on architecture, technology or strategy.
The study is made of two phases.
1. The first part will address the following critical measurements and their implementation – without any interference with car management system :
- Mechanical Power: Driveshaft, Engine and Electric Motor (specific torque sensor)
- Electric Power (DC & AC): Battery and HF Inverter Output
- Cockpit and Powertrain thermal management system (pressure, flow, temperatures)
2. Secondly, the test program combines both road and bench sessions:
- Coast down
- Cycle (-10C 20C 45C): NEDC, WLTC, RDE and replays on bench
- Specific tests for characterisation or energy management strategy investigation : Mappings, Braking Recovery, Acceleration (0-100,80-120), Battery charging at different temperature, etc
Upon your request, we can integrate other vehicles into the project: passenger cars, tractor, buses, heavy duty trucks.
Four models of electric and hybrid cars are part of a test campaign started in late 2019: the Hyundai Kona EV, the Hyundai Ioniq HEV, the Toyota Corolla HEV and the Honda CR-V HEV.
The energy performances of the Renault Zoé, the Volkswagen ID3 will be tested in 2020, as well as the Yaris hybrid, upon other models.
New entries: e-208, Clio E-Tech, Fiat 500e.
DATA PACKAGE AVAILABLE
Raw data and maps are available.
Several data packages are available on e-powertrain, HVAC performance, thermal management system efficiency. Customized reports can also be provided upon request. Contact us for more information.
> Global PWT efficiency mapping
> Individual component efficiency mapping (inverter, motor, transmission)
> Derating points identification
> Regenerative braking performance
> Analysis with different ambiant t° & battery SOC
> Complete thermal and energy analyses of the cooling/heating system
> Coolant flow, temperature, energy consumption of compressor/heater
> HVAC & Interior comfort measurements on dynamic driving cycles
> Full mapping characterization in terms of energy consumption and emissions. Complete thermal balance in real driving conditions (RDE type)
> ICE efficiency mapping, electrical motor efficiency mapping, combustion analyses, fuel consumption, emission analyses
> Dynamic hybrid powersplit strategy analysis on standard / custom cycles
> EGR susbsystem analysis
> Global energy analysis, thermal management of components
> Engine lubrication circuit management understanding & oil aging test